The Picasso Group is part of the MATHICSE group, which is part of the Institute of Mathematics.
Missions of the group
- teach analysis and numerical analysis to undergraduate students and phD students.
- make engineers sensitive to high level mathematical tools which are used in various computers codes.
- model and analyse from a mathematical and numerical point of view problems arising from physical systems.
- study existence, uniqueness, regularity of the solutions of partial differential equations or systems and their approximations with the finite element method.
- establish and improve numerical schemes in order to implement them on computers.
- collaborate with the industrial companies and engineering laboratories that need a high level mathematical knowledge in the field of numerical simulation.